In today’s article, we will discuss with our readers the answers to a specific question regarding the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme. We have discussed in this article the online application process, eligibility process, benefits, features, required documents, and all the other details of the scheme.
Students who do well academically but fall into poverty find it very difficult to apply for higher education courses to help all these students, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme. Andhra Pradesh govt. introduced the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme for such students. Through this AP scheme Jagananna Vasathi Deevena, the government will provide financial assistance to ITI / Polytechnic / Degree students to pay for their hostel and institutional hostel charges. The AP Cabinet Committee also approved 2 more schemes namely the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme and the YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme. The program aims to improve the Gross Enrollment Rate (GER), provide quality higher education, ensure the advancement of students in the higher education sector, and equip students with the necessary skills.
All students will receive financial assistance directly from the bank account. The AP YSR Cabinet also approved the allocation of Rs 2,300 crore annually through the AP Jagananna Vasathi Deevana Scheme. More than 11.44 lakh students are expected to benefit from the Vasathi Deevena Scheme and Vidya Deevena. Under the Jagan Anna Vasathi Deevena Scheme, AP govt. will give students the required amount in 2 equal installments for the months of February and July.
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena First / Second Instalment Value
Under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme, the government provides hostels and charges for BPL students. This amount will be issued in 2 installments in February and July each year. The amount of assistance provided under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme will be as follows: –
Students of Industrial Training Institute Courses (ITI) – Rs. 10,000 annually (Rs. 5,000 in the first installment, Rs. 5,000 in the second installment)
Polytechnic students – Rs. 15,000 (Rs. 7,500 in the first installment, Rs. 7,500 in the second installment)
Level students – Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 10,000 in the first installment, Rs. 10,000 in the second installment)
Eligibility for the Andhra Pradesh Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
- Students pursuing the following subjects are eligible-
- PG / PhD
Students must register at the following centres:
Government or Government Assisted
Private colleges affiliated with State Universities / Boards.
- Family income should be less than Rs 2.5 Lakh/Annum
- Beneficiaries must have less than 10 hectares/wetland less than 25 hectares or wetlands less than 25 hectares of agricultural land.
- Beneficiaries should not have four wheels (Car, Taxi, Auto, etc.).
- Government officials are not eligible for this program. All sanitation workers, regardless of salary/demand, are eligible.
- If anyone in the family receives a pension then they are not eligible for the scheme.
List of Documents Required to Apply Online for the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
The following documents are required when applying for a program in the Andhra Pradesh region: –
- Proof of residence
- Aadhar card
- College admission certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Income certificate
- BPL or EWS certificates
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Declaration of non-taxpayers
- Bank account details
Release Date For Jagananna Vasthi Deevena First / Second Instalments
Each student beneficiary of the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme will be paid a bursary in stages as mentioned above. Full refunds are offered to SC / ST students regardless of tuition. The date for the release of the installments under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme will be as follows: –
First Instalment – July of the academic year
Second Instalment- February of the academic year
Notable features of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme 2021
Highlights of the AP Jaganna Vasathi Deevena Scheme: –
- The state govt. will assist students in paying for their hostels and fraud charges. The amount of assistance (annually) is provided as follows: –
- ITI students will receive Rs. 10,000 (Rs. 5,000 in the first category & Rs. 5,000 in the 2nd category).
- Diploma / Polytechnic students will receive Rs. 15,000 in two equal installments.
- Degree students will receive Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 10,000 in the first category & Rs. 10,000 in the 2nd category).
- The Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme will be paid in two installments. The first installment will be issued in July and the second installment will be issued in February.
- The money will be credited to the student’s bank account.
- AP Jagananna Vasati Deevena Scheme allocation increased by Rs. 1500 crore compared to the allocations made by the TDP government. A total of 11,44,490 students are expected to benefit from the Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme and the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme.
Overview of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
||24 February 2020
||Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
|Name of the State
||To provide academic financial aid
|Release Date (1st Instalment)
||July of the academic year
|Release Date (2nd Instalment)
||February of the academic year
||ITI, Diploma / Polytechnic, Degree Courses
|| Rs. 10000 for ITI, Rs. 15,000 for Diploma, Rs. 20000 for Graduation Students
|Online Application Link
||CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy
Registration Process Under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
If you want to register online under the program you will have to apply for the program following the steps given below: –
- First, visit the official website of the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme.
- Click on the Official Notification for AP YSR Vasathi Deevena Scheme.
- Or click on the direct link provided here.
- Complete the application form for the program.
- Attach the documents mentioned above.
- Click on the post.
- Download print for future use.
List of Beneficiaries of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
If you want to view the list of beneficiaries selected to provide the benefits of the program you will need to follow the simple steps given below: –
- Candidates will have to click here
- After arriving on a web page, click on the blue text for detailed reports.
- Choose your “Region Name”
- Choose your location.
- Select Rural or Urban.
- Note your Secretariat Code.
- You will find a PDF of the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Eligible list.